Sustainability

Home Forums Due September 17 by 11:59 pm Sustainability

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    akjaster
    Participant

Sustainability, to me means keeping the original source going. This definition does some what line up with what Solow says about making appropriate policies regarding fish resources. I some what agree that substitutions need to made, regarding sustainability, but it also depends what those substitutes are and if they negatively impact human health or the health of the surrounding ecosystem. If we were to look at it in a general way than I suppose that aquaculture is sustaining wild fish, but at what cost to the environment and health.

khteets
    Participant

You have a good point on questioning Solow’s opinion on sustainability and substituting resources. I agree with you that we need to watch when substituting resources for it can negatively impact us humans and the ecosystem.

jlrogers4
    Participant

I also agree that the substitutes that we create need to be well studied to make sure that it will have a minimal effect on the environment.

svsanchezbutler
    Participant

I agree that substitutes are important but that they shouldn’t completely replace a wild population though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Fish and Fisheries in a Changing World