Studying for Fish Exam

Home Forums Due November 5 Studying for Fish Exam

• #196365
    ramaldonado

The first thing that I did in regards to studying for this class was reading through all of the lecture notes that were prepared for this class. Since we know which chapters will be on the test I only go through the lecture notes for those chapters. As I am going through those notes I look for things that we had discussed at length during the class period. For instance, in class we talked at length and even did a discussion in groups about the garden experiment, so I made sure I knew how to write a plan for the garden experiment because there would be a chance that it would be on the test, considering how much we had talked about it. After doing that, I watch any of the videos that were shown during class or at least try to remember some of the main points about them because I figure at least one question will be in reference to the video. The only thing I would add is that, our professor puts emphasis on a few things that we talk about in class, (i.e. competition and resources) since these are referenced multiple times during different class periods, I will write those down or make sure to look over them well.

When it comes to writing essay answers, I think the best plan of attack is to just begin writing. If you know the answer or the material well enough, I believe it is easier to go with the flow and continue to write, and then once you slow down or finish writing, look back at your essay to make sure you haven’t forgotten to include something. If you do not know the material well enough I think it would be a good idea to take 2 minutes to write your thoughts about what you do know about the material so that you at least have a plan to tackle the answer.

One thing that I will do differently for this test is to be prepared for the nuances of the online test. I spent way too long trying to figure out how to send an answer to one of the questions that I was not able to put enough writing into my essay question. Now that I have a better idea about how to use the computer test program it should be easier to finish my test with time to review it. I think another thing I will do differently is try to attack the essay questions first, because it may be easier to answer the shorter answer questions in a pinch than it is to finish the essay question. I also think I will review the notes a little more intensely and rewatch any of the videos we had for this next upcoming test.

#196393
    armathews3

I felt that I had the same game plan for the essay. The information that has been ingested and looked over should provide a strong baseline, with good time management. The out come should be decent. When it came to getting an editor to work with me I had troubles and felt worried or rushed. Next time I’m just going to print, draw, and scan what needs it. While typing up the other half.