Studying

Home Forums Due November 5 Studying

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    aknobloch
    Participant

I will be the first to admit I am not the best at studying for tests. I tend to start a couple of days before going over broad material and focusing it down the night before. This usually leaves me with a page of notes to review a couple hours before the test begins. Perhaps this is just an old habit of cramming. This class has tended to be a little different though, perhaps it is the pace of the lectures or that there isn’t a text available, but I have found it rather difficult to take good notes. This could just be adapting to online learning though.
    As far as the essay goes, I try to think everything out first before writing. Setting up an outline in my head or sketching one out really quickly helps to maintain a good flow throughout the essay. This tends to take me the longest on a test, I can’t stand sloppy writing and maybe its OCD, but it has to have some kind of structure for me rather than just slapped together.
    Going forward and preparing for the final I will be making a better effort to maintain good notes throughout the lectures. I think this will benefit me the most, it is difficult to review something you don’t have notes on.

svsanchezbutler
    Participant

I agree with you on the fact that this class does seem more difficult to take notes for, partly from not having text and the pace of the lectures, and the fact that your online may be more difficult. Your tactic to taking on the essay does seem pretty great though, as far as i usually go I just send it when it comes to writing essays. Maybe I’ll give making an outline a try.

Ron Sheldon
    Participant

I am glad it’s not just me that is having trouble with taking notes. I think before the final I may need to sit down one day and binge watch the lectures once again. I just have to figure out where the recorded lectures are posted.

aknobloch
    Participant

Ron, i’ve tried looking for the recorded lectures before with no luck. probably gonna have to ask peter where he puts them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Fish and Fisheries in a Changing World