Study Habits

Home Forums Due November 5 Study Habits

• #196399
    bmarshall6

The main study habit that I use regularly and used for the midterm was long term recollection. After classes twice a week I would review the material and the notes that I took in class. This helps with converting the information from short term memory to long term memory. I find this method of study to have helped me the best in the past. The secondary study method that I use is to go through the material before an exam so that anything that I haven’t committed to long term memory is committed to short term memory and I hope that I don’t forget it before the exam starts. I used these methods while I was in the Navy and still use them in my classes today. They aren’t a guarantee that they will stay memorized and they aren’t for everyone but they are the best methods for me.

#196408
    Kyleigh McArthur

I like the method of studying the materials regularly after classes twice a week. It sounds like a better strategy than what I currently do, try and cram it all in the day before.

#196431
    alwhitney2

That’s a wonderful method! I really should do that method of studying, but I often find it difficult to find time to do so. Most days of the week I’m either so busy with classes and homework or at work that by the time I get home I’m exhausted. I respect your ability to find time to do that, and commit to it. It’s hard to find the motivation, especially as the semester progresses.