Study for exam

Home Forums Due November 5 Study for exam

• #196380
    imatsui

Usually when I study for test, I make review sheet by myself. Go over lecture slide and write down things I have forgotten or things I think it is important. Also, I found it is helpful to drew graph by myself when there is important one. Because you think you understand them when you go over slides, but actually just looking at slide or picture of graph doesn’t really make your brain to work to understand it. So it is always helpful for me to hand write things that is important and want to remember, or be able to recreate the graph.
    And I always have difficulty to remember people’s name and what they did. My strategy for that is, not only try to remember what they did but learn little bit about their background and think that as story of someone’s life. They were or are real people and have history. So you probably find something interesting and that makes it easy to connect the person and things they did.
    For essay part, I used to try to outline my thought before writing, but I ended up not having enough time and couldn’t finish it. So recently, I just start writing right away. If you are using computer, it is easy to modify later. If you are writing on paper, it can be difficult to add something later but still, it is possible. And when I can’t summarize things well or can’t really decide or know what to write, sometimes it easier to start writing whatever things you can think of. As you keep writing, you might come up with some more idea. And it is always better to write at least something and not leave blank.

#196392
    Isabella Erickson

I agree that most of the time, at least for me, it is better to just start writing for essays in exams, especially when you do not have a lot of time left. However, I usually do take just a second to set up a vary general outline of the topics for each paragraph of my essay in my head.