#beforeyoubite

Home Forums Due Nov 12 by 11:59pm #beforeyoubite

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #196466
    kmingo2
    Participant

I propose the hashtag #beforeyoubite. I think this is a fitting hashtag because it implies that before you bite into your fish dinner, perhaps think of where your fish came from, what kind of fish it is, and the economic journey it took to get to your plate. I think it relates well to the overall way in which Kevin Bailey presents information in his book Billion Dollar Fish because he presents all aspects of the fisheries story. Particularly he focuses on Alaskan Pollock, but provides a wide base of fisheries knowledge in an unbiased and efficient manner. So, before you bite, consider all aspects of your food’s journey.

#196487
    Kyleigh McArthur
    Participant

That’s a good hashtag because not every one knows what they are eating all the time. In the book it brings up the point of crab meat in sushi is actually pollock and people don’t even know that. They need to think about where their fish comes from before they bite into it.

#196492
    peepple
    Participant

I do believe that its necessary to know just where and how your food was made, especially with all the illegal fishing being done these days. In fact, not a lot of people do much research on topics these days, they just take it a face value without knowing the specific details. We need to stop this kind of attitude.

#196495
    hmhellen
    Participant

I like this hashtag. I agree that not enough people think about where they’re food comes from.

#196517
    svsanchezbutler
    Participant

This is a great hashtag, there’s a lot of people who would rather turn a blind eye than to really think about where our food came from. We need more of that thought process.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Fish and Fisheries in a Changing World