#Screwedbuthopeful

Home Forums Due Nov 12 by 11:59pm #Screwedbuthopeful

• #196477
    akjaster

So in my hashtag I used, screwed but hopeful, I used this because after doing the readings and after the in class work, it seems that we know how to combat the issues that plague the fishery industry the next step is actually implementing the changes that need to be made and convincing people that it is in there best interest to comply with the regulations that are set forth. The other part as to why I used this hashtag is because of the rise of the genetically modified fish. The more we modify and change the food we eat, the more health problems I believe we will see. this leads to the other part of the hashtag, I put in but hopeful because though there are many negative changes happening in the fishery industry, climate change and the threat of wiping out entire stocks, just to name a few, we meet these changes head on and strive to learn from our mistakes, so that we can preserve some part of it for the future generations.

#196483
    Ron Sheldon

As the grumpy old man in the class I love the hashtag. I think the most important point you make is that there is hope if people are willing to adapt and change. Sometimes we focus so much on the negative that we can overlook an opportunity to make a change and therefore make a difference for the future.

#196493
    aknobloch

I like this hashtag, i think it sums up a lot of whats going on. If we continue down the path we are on there may be extreme consequences. However, there is always hope. Hope that we will learn from our mistakes and hope that we may change the future for those who come after us. I don’t think it is ever too late to stop trying and if we make make meaningful corrections to our path, it is doable.

#196518
    svsanchezbutler

I like this hashtag, it produces more hope. With enough hard work and elbow grease we aren’t completely screwed. There is hope for us to be sustainable if people are willing to put in enough work.