#revival

Home Forums Due Nov 12 by 11:59pm #revival

• #196470
    sdensmore

I’m using the book Billion Dollar Fish for my scrambled but composed thoughts on the state of the fisheries…we’re rebuilding our fisheries now from almost collapsing, overfishing, amongst other things, we’re mending a lot of holes towards the hatcheries and ecosystem itself. So I’m proposing in a lighter, more optimistic and aware attitude to hashtag the case as a revival of sorts…#revival because we are doing more and more research on our fish stocks and our management..it is improving compared to vs what it was 30 years ago…sure we are having climate problems and fishing population crashes and rises within the environment but in order to conquer these big problems, we need to take it on with positivity and know that we are more experienced and with better knowledge than with what we had yesterday..from page 138 in the Billion Dollar Fish, Bailey recalled that “Although the population in the eastern Bering Sea hasn’t collapsed, we have dodged the bullet a few times. There were dramatic stock declines from 1987 to 1991 and then again from 2003 to 2009. Several scientists are forecasting lower stock abundance in the future due to climate change.’ We need to take care of our management and realize the need to slow down on fishing, to not be greedy with stocks, and to enforce a level of precision to not overfish the resources we are given.

#196491
    peepple

I believe that this is a good hashtag. We need to spread the awareness some fisheries, while currently depleted, are on the rise again, that we haven’t lost the entire species, and that there is still hope for the future.