Pollock VS Cod

Home Forums Due October 29 Pollock VS Cod

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • #196318
    khteets

There are a few major differences and similarities between the two fisheries and how they are managed. One of the major differences would have to be the age difference between the two fisheries. The Northern Cod fishery is hundreds of years old while the Alaskan Pollock fishery is only about 30 to 40 years old. The two may have a bit of a difference in history, there is another major difference between the two but also some similarities. The other major difference between the two would be the ways that they are managed. The Northern Cod fishery wasn’t managed properly and they are now dealing with a major collapse, while on the other hand the Alaskan Pollock fishery is aiming to keep the Pollock stocks up to a healthy-ish level. Though there are still questions if the Alaskan Pollock will face the same collapse the Northern Cod fisheries are facing at the moment, they are still trying to do their best right now.
    Now the similarities aren’t as major as the differences but still something that could be pointed out. The one similarity I think needs to be pointed out would be the fluctuations that constantly happen in everyday life, whether its in a fishery or in the wild. Fluctuations in the population happen at random and should be something that people should expect of everything nowadays since I happens with almost everything. This is also the cause of some peoples worries but personally, they shouldn’t be worrying about something unless its causing some large, major impacts on the populations and stock sizes. There’s my comparison of the two fisheries and my small opinions about them.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)