Frank the Franken Fish Farmer.

Home Forums Due September 10 by 11:59pm Frank the Franken Fish Farmer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #195732
    armathews3
    Participant

Salmo Domesticus is a direct result of selective breeding. Coming from a need for a fish that could grow fast and supply a larger aggressive fish. Designed for the market.

AquAdvantage (Franken Fish) is tha manipulation of DNA. The Aquadvantage where special in the way the change the addition of extra antifreeze proteins. Allowing the fish to have an increased growth rate effectively making a fish growing double the base like of wild salmon.

Green narrates a great depiction of the Aquadvantage salmon and Salmon Domesticus. Both perfect examples of people’s ingenuity pushing the boundaries of what wants and need pushs technology that past the norm of natural life.
    Maybe we could make perfect ecosystem or somthing. Like mad scientist?
    But I would also not like to play with there natural world unless we have to.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by armathews3.
    #195787
    akjaster
    Participant

I couldn’t agree more. Just because we have the technology to do things like genetically modify fish, that doesn’t mean we should. However, I can see how people see this as a better alternative to fishing wild salmon to extinction.

#195791
    svsanchezbutler
    Participant

I agree with you, Green does a great job at showing what they can do to not replenish the environment but simply create genetically engineered fish that grow faster and larger.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Fish and Fisheries in a Changing World