Fish Stock Health

Home Forums Due August 28th by 11:59pm Fish Stock Health

• #195568
    jdkelly6

The rating that I would give for the health of fish stock with my current limited knowledge is a 7. I think that most fish are in peril due to many of the ways humans have harmed them and their environments. From global warming, to over fishing, to polluting the ocean, there are many ways humans have put fish at risk of declining population. I think some fish are not at as high a risk as others, but some are close to having irreparable damage to their population. I think most fish actually could be saved and damage we have done could be reversed, but that is only if there are drastic changes to how people treat our planet. I think that the rating will probably continue to increase in the future unless more people start respecting conservation and stop destroying the environment.

#195570
    sdensmore

I personally would rate the health state of the fisheries at a 7, just because of how the ocean has been overall mistreated in the last few decades such as; radiation, pollution, and oil. Some say we have been overfishing these bodies of water, but then when we look at the statistics of how 50% of our fish are now being farmed, I’m not so sure about the overfishing statement. However as a commercial fisherman of Alaska, all of my life I have experienced and viewed the good qualities of our Northern fishing grounds and fisheries. I believe that Alaska’s fisheries and it’s waters are managed and kept very pristine, a suitable role model for the rest of the world.