Can we actually provide an enjoyable existence to the future use

Home Forums Due September 17 by 11:59 pm Can we actually provide an enjoyable existence to the future use

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    armathews3
    Participant

Sustainability is an impossible feat. And the reason I have for that is, we as humans can not spend our entire existence on this earth without farming interstellar bodys. So sustainability would be the existence of our species providing a healthy existence and at the enjoyments of all inhabitants effected by the resources being used. I would agree with the notion that there are non sustainable resources that will be used up and we will not ever be able to be sustainable in every resource. We can be actively conscious of this and be proactive at the things that can be with especially in context to food security. All that future talk taken into account, it could definitely be a helpful advantage if perfection can be reached in the field of aquaculture. As of now, we use more to produce the product then the natural resources uses to produce itself.

kmingo2
    Participant

So, do you agree with the ideas of effective substitutes? Or is the act of using aquaculture as a substitute causing more issues than it is solving?

armathews3
    Participant

No i do not. But we have the ability to still feel this way. One day it may not be so simple and we may need to design solution to fit the gaps.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by armathews3.
    aknobloch
    Participant

Aquaculture in the area of salmon needs improvement. However, if they were able to develope the system to effectively provide an alternative food source other than wild stocks, then in essence it would be working to sustain wild stocks by relieving pressure.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Fish and Fisheries in a Changing World