Aqua Advantage or Domesticated?

Home Forums Due September 10 by 11:59pm Aqua Advantage or Domesticated?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #195812
    dcousar
    Participant

On one hand there’s a genetically modified fish, modified for production cheap in terms of feeding people and the fish itself. So thereby cheap and relatively easy to get to the worlds markets. And on the other hand there’s domesticated fish. In my opinion a majority of humans are too lazy to cook their own food, but they want to make the “healthy” choice. So I agree to an extent that genetic engineering is the next technological step in humans cultivating out food, but I feel as though wild fish should be naturally farmed and fed to the world at extremely high prices to protect their numbers.

#195822
    khteets
    Participant

I’d have to disagree with you on how genetic engineering is the possible future of the people main source of food, but I will agree that salmon should be farmed as if they were in the wild and be a bit more expensive to help decrease the amount taken, which will help add to the breeding population.

#195835
    kmwong
    Participant

I would have to disagree that genetic engineering is the next step for cultivating our food only because I believe that altering genetics to fit our needs can only go so far and the demand will only increase due to the low prices. I think that in order to be sustainable the demand needs to be less.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Fish and Fisheries in a Changing World