Welcome to Fall 2021 Fish 110 at UAF!

We are counting down the last few days until we kick off the start of FISH 110. I am super excited to get to know you all and have a great term, despite all the uncertainty and anxiety floating around in the world today. This message serves as a welcome and to cover some important logistics.

Meeting Time: We will meet online via Zoom on Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:45- 11:15 am, Alaska Time. The first class is Tuesday August 24, 2021. You can join the class live by following this LINK. I will also send the login info via an email to your @alaska.edu or preferred email address on file. Classes will be recorded and available for watching if you need to miss class, but it is expected that you will attend live unless you’ve communicated with me before hand. There are frequent in class activities that you don’t want to miss out on.

Course Schedule: Our class schedule is not written in stone and will be adapted based on the pace of the course and choices we make as a group along the way. The most up to date schedule is accessible HERE and is the default schedule for important dates and events. Please let me know if you find discrepancies or if you have questions.

Syllabus and Grading: We will go over details the first day, but the syllabus is available online HERE.

One thought on “Welcome to Fall 2021 Fish 110 at UAF!”

1. how healthy are the fish stocks? 1 being great, 10 being in peril
    I think I have to say that they are at a five right now. They have humans to eiether trying to consume or sell many fish which reduces the population also. There is another problem of humans accidently spilling somethings like oil, trash, or spreading chemicals that are dangerous to the marine population of the animals and the ecosystem in the water. But on the good side, there are humans that are trying to either preserve the ecosystems and make them healthier for everything to live in the water. They are doing everything they can to make sure they don’t pollute the oceans with trash or spills. That is how I know they are sort’ve healthy as there are people trying to make sure there is ways to make sure there are more marine life producing in every species. I think if there are more people taking time to make sure our marine species are taking care of , even if people focus on one or two species at a time, it definetly will leave a positive impact on the stocks.