FFT 9/29 Studying

TO study for this quiz, I mainly read over my notes and focused on the concepts that I didn’t feel 100% on. The day before the quiz as well I met up with a classmate and we quizzed each other on the material. This was really helpful because it really showed me what I didn’t know and where I needed to focus my attention, as well as showed me what kind of questions I could answer and which ones I could not. Next time I know that I need to study more and earlier as most of my studying took place the day before the quiz. So, I need to manage my time better so I can study throughout the week before the actual quiz and not just the night before. I also find copying my notes down extremely helpful as I don’t always really absorb the lesson the first time around, so copying my notes at my own pace gives me the opportunity to really read the words and fully grasp their meaning. However, this does take a lot of time so it’s even more reason to better my time management skills. For this quiz I also went over the slides from class in combination with my notes to make sure that I wasn’t missing anything and I was studying all the right material, and I found this very helpful and will definitely do it again on future quizzes. Overall, the combination of reading, writing, and talking over the lessons with someone else who knows the material is a good way for me to study.

4 thoughts on “FFT 9/29 Studying”

1. It sounds like we study in a really similar way. I find that talking things out and using my notes is really helpful too, as well as working with other people. I also looked at past slides to help my understanding. It’s really interesting that you rewrite your notes all over again. I’ve never done that because of time, but it seems like it would really help me get things down. Maybe I’ll do that for finals!

2. I agree with you about studying earlier! It helps really get the content in your brain and understood to the fullest so the next quiz or test will be a breeze. Instead of copying your notes, you could break them down into flash cards? You’ll still get that repetitive motion along with another study method that helps!

3. I think studying with a classmate would definitely be easier to do, that’s the only thing that sucks about right now is some of us don’t get to physically interact with classmates.

4. It’s great that you met with another classmate. I always find a study partner to be helpful, when I have the time. Studying throughout the week has always been good for me. Because my schedule is crowded with basketball practice and games, I don’t really have a lot of time each given day, so I’m kind of forced to spread out my study sessions. I love that the slides are available to go back and look at. I also like that you write your information again, to reiterate it in your memory. I think I’ll do this for the midterm, by creating flashcards. Having to write out old and new information is always a good way to memorize it.