FTT 1

Paul was a boy who had a love for fishing. His mother would always rent something close to the water to ensure he had access to fishing no matter where they we located. As time went fish in the lake he was fishing in had all died. This led him to begin travailing upstream in search of more. He was unable to continue to follow due to a land owner. He then obtains a boat enabling him to reach waters beyond property lines. Years when on then when he retuned to fish the same places he found there was nothing left. This set him out on his journey to find where the fish are going.

I don’t really have anything special that sparked my interest in ocean sciences. I am from a landlocked state and never had seen ocean animals in nature until coming to Alaska.

If Paul were to respond to our question about where we are I would assume he would give it a 2 or 3. What he saw was a pretty big collapse on a place that he knows was thriving at one point. Therefore associating more emotional attachment.

I feel by the end of the book he will become more optimistic about what is going on. When he dives deeper into it there may be a glimmer of hope that he can be the change the fish all need. Through out his journey he will be able to obtain more anwsers and become more informed on what needs to be done.

2 thoughts on “FTT 1”

1. Hey Savanna,

Nice job!

I too am from a landlocked state and a desert one at that. I had never seen marine animals in the wild until I went to Alaska as well. It was just amazing. My heart melted and I got jelly legs (though honestly it could have been being on a boat, haha) and I thought to myself, “I want to be apart of this”.

I agree with you that he will end the book more optimistically.

Amanda

2. Hi Savanna!

Sometimes I forget that people live in landlocked areas… I couldn’t imagine not being able to go to the beach and seeing whales and fish whenever I wanted to. I’m glad you came up here and liked it that’s so awesome!! In my post, I said he would be pessimistic at the end of the book but I was really on the fence because I think there is hope but sometimes I wonder if it really is hurt beyond what we can fix.